Anyone use a Billboard Sign as winter cover

On the Hook

I am going to try to cover my boat this winter with something other than shrink wrapping. Building a frame out of 3/4 EMT conduit and Kover Klamps. I see that people are buying used Billboards as a tarp because they are made of an inside and outside layer of vinyl and a middle mesh layer. If you do a Google search for "Billboard Tarp," you will see what I am talking about. Some places also sell new Billboard signs. There is also a pipe seam sewn in on the length, so seems like it could be used to tighten the cover to the boat.

Just wondering if anyone has used one of these Billboard signs as a winter boat cover and if you have any issues securing the material to the boat or trailer.

yep. Used one the last 10 years. Guessing approx 30'x16'. Pretty worn out now. Kinda heavy for 1 man to pull over the HT and radar dome.Use heavy 1"x12" dowel to slide into the cutout channels and tie down to trailer. Also fixed a 2x8x12 on edge lengthwise (bow to stern) on the HT to give a bit more slope to shed the snow. Probably gonna go with a lighter weight tarp this year as this one is worn out. BTW, the billboard tarp is pretty stiff to work with as it's pretty thick. Never did work up a framework so can't help you there.