Sunday 7/27 AM - I-BAY Report

Fished 6 - 10 AM, started in shallow in front of Bay - 30-45 fow. Lots of bait and marks, but no takers. Moved out to 160-225 fow, went 4 for 5 - all kings (biggest fish 15#). Moved back in early b/c my mate started "feeling" the 2 foot rollers. Speed typically 2.2 - 2.5 mph at the ball. Rigger bites 60 feet down over 175 fow, 45 feet down over 200 fow, and other three were wire divers - all #2 setting, from 120' out to 160' out, typically in the 160 - 200 fow window.

All spoon bite today, but the flashers definitely got their attention as they kept sliding in and out of the Spinny set up on the sonar. Best spoon today was standard watermellon with silver back. First day of the year that we didn't have a hit on the 42 second. Other spoons with hits were DW SS glow frog and NBK.

P.S. - Mark, it was nice to meet you today! Thanks for all the info. on Channel 8

See ya next week,

- Chris

Thanks for the good post!

We did not have any success after targeting brown trouts on Sunday morning. I saw many boats in 30 to 50 FOW before everyone left the area for deeper waters. I stayed in this area for too long time and had no time to head out deeper. Indeed, I have been telling myself to be more aggressive by moving out to deeper waters for the future.

Chris;

Your welcome.

I pulled thru that 35 to 70 FOW and never took a second look or turned the boat. As soon as I hit the 150 FOW the wire took off with the 11" white challanger BIG EYE flasher and the meat 3 fly rig..I ended up going all the way out to 550 fow and picked at Kings and steel out and back. Last fish was nice domestic bow 250 fow off rigger 70 down.. pulled rods and called it a day.

PS: Silent radio during the LOC derby :)

Mark

Chris, was that you in the Trophy in about 160 ft of water at about 10:00 a.m.? Watched a boat pull a fish for quite awhile, was dieing to know what it was. Especially since we got skunked.

Glad I loaded up on 42nd spoons for the trip! Never ran them so I ordered a bunch and couldn't even get a release. Started close where the pack was, late start, when nothing hit we went NW a little and trolled SE with the waves and pulled the plug at around 10:30.

Yes, that was probably us - my buddy was fighting a 15# salmon that ripped out about 600 feet of mono. We fought it for quite a while (you would have thought we had a monster on, but it was just tough with the waves and current and that amount of line out)

We also had to deal with a sailboat that almost cut us off....go figure

Keep working those 42 second spoons - they're guaranteed to fire sooner or later

Thanks and good luck,

- Chris

Hey Guys,

I was out there with you, we pulled a small steely and a nice king about 25 lbs. on the bogo grip and that was it. When we were running in around 11 am we heard someone had a king out 950+ ft. on the wire! :shock: :shock: We've had some hot fish before but as soon as they hit 700 ft. I'm slowing down the boat to a crawl... The new depth raider worked great but it seems to be .2/.3 mph slower than the fishhawk. Has anyone else noticed this? Also what lb. weight do you run with the coated cable because it doesn't seem to cut the water very well. One last thing. Mark, when you came out were you marking any fish around the bait, because my graph was clean other than the bait, might have to make another purchase.

Good Fishing

John

Thought maybe you had it on copper because he reeled a long time. I was in the Wellcraft that passed by and circled at a distance hoping to get a glimpse of a fish! The waves were those mixed up kind where you can't get a good footing no matter what, I'll bet fighting it was fun.

Just fishin' - yeah I remember seeing you out there - if I'm not mistaken the sailboat cut right in between us. You might have heard me on Channel 8 ask him for a little courtesy.

Boatino - I run a Sub-Troll and went to 12# finned weights and there is still quite a bit of blowback, although it cuts through the water fine.

- Chris