Slide Diver

Howdy all,

I dropped another $20 on fishing tackle, this time for a clear slide diver light bite.

The packaging doesn't give me much info on how far these guys are gonna fish, but their web site will gladly sell me a chart for $3 +s/h.

Additionally, there is no info on what line to use. I would like to get away from wire, and run a superbraid, as I think mono will have too much stretch for the gizmo.

So I spent another $17 +s/h for additional weights, rings and the top secret depth chart.

Anyone using the light bites ? and what kind of line works well with these toys ?

Thanks- Rusty

Hi Rusty Here is the chart i found online that you can print out if you would like to have an extra 1 or 2 kicking around, I to have just bought 3 original slide divers and have not had a chance to try them out yet but will put then to the test on Saturday.

Hope this helps

to get a much better look at the chart click on it

dptchart1.jpg

Thanks JR.,

What kinda line you gonna run ? I'd like to do a superbraid with about 100'of floro leader.

The slide diver site also sells heavier weights to use on the diver to get 'em deeper. I hope data on those is included with the chart I ordered.

I gotta get back on their site and order some tubing and spring because I left mine at camp last w/e.

Thanks again, lemme know how they work for ya.

Rusty

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't know what they used for the test when they made the chart,

I have been running 30# Flea Flicker and have had now problems with it

Have been running the Light Bite Slide Divers this season on my Power Pro Dipsey's- I use 50 ft of 30 lb Big game leader from the Power Pro. The Light Bite's have worked well on Lake Erie for eyes. Takes a little tuning to get to trip right but they end the problem of dragging shakers. I've used the original slide divers on my wire dipseys for three years and like them to the point I don't run the regular dipsey's anymore.