rusty1034

Owasco
Owasco 4.18.17

13 posts in this topic

Owasco 4.18.17

Howdy all,

My first real attempt at finding fish for the year.

I launched from the South Shore Marina ($8) at about 11 am. There was a slight, but chilly north breeze.

I motored out to the deep water and set up with riggers and a 3 color lead core pulling a couple different versions of Stinger scorpions.

To make a long story short, I putted around for about 3 hrs switching things up, speed, depth, lures etc.  I did one 18" laker on a chartreuse smithwick 45' down over deep water.

Most of the few fish I did mark were at 80'ish over 100+

I forgot to load the trolling bag, so I ended up using the 9.9 kicker, which worked very well. This week I'm thinking I'll probably leave it on the boat.

Water was about 41 when I started, hit almost 47 at 2pm. I saw one other boat trolling. Hopefully they did better than I. Still beats working !

The water level at the south launch seemed to be adequate. I haven't been there in a few years, but I had no issues. The water was so muddy I couldnt see bottom. I think the ff was reading in the 2'+ range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately Im not. Probably wont be till next tues evening at the earliest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I remember seeing you while we were there. i was on west side of lake not far up from the marina.

I'll be out on Sunday for the first time, hopefully the forecast doesn't change!