throwing in the towel at Seneca

Fished from Starkey Point north a couple of miles.Not a single release again!!Marked a little here and there.Fishing out of Watkins Glen and haven't caught a thing since early June.Figured going farther north might work.Well it didn't.Fished from 6pm till just after 9.Dodging storms along the way.Ran out of gas on the way back to my slip.Thank God for the kicker motor.Made it back in time for fireworks.At least they were worth the trip.Have been fishing around once a week since June without a nibble.Bringing up the warm water gear this coming weekend.Have had enough of wasting gas and time looking for the cold water species.Have fished Cayuga and Ontario for years without a problem.Just can't figure out Seneca's summer pattern.Chalking it up to not getting far enough north(for my egos sake).

That's a good area to fish and most often a lot of bait in that area. I've been picking fish up 71' down on the riggers , 180' to 210' out on wire diver. Working from 80' to 95' if not getting any thing slide out deeper.

Thanks Ed.That was the 1st time we fished that far north.Only fished for a couple of hours.Maybe I'll give it another go.We fished the west side out in about 180'.Maybe if we fished it a little longer in a little shallower.We've been fishing from watkins glen to a couple miles north of the salt plant.Did ok there in the spring but haven't hooked up since.Spoons,flys,dodgers,flashers?

If I'm by myself one rigger with a spoon in about 53* water (about 45' to 55' down I use my sub-troll ) and the other 15' to 20' below that one with a attactor fly. With someone else I'll add a wire diver rod been running it on a 2.5 setting back 150' to 210' with attactor fly and a inline with a 5 colors of lead core if the weeds are not too bad.

Dodgers are fine , I been running John Kings BTI'S with flys and having fair luck. I had been running dodgers before and they work fine also but this color combo of the BTI been great the last few times out. Like they say run green flys the BTI color is green base with chartruse tape. Mix and match your fly's till you get bit. Above all HAVE FUN out there.............. :D