Chautauqua Fishing

Chautauqua Fishing

The past two weekends have been good for us.  Had the girls up with me this past weekend.  We all tag teamed our best of the season so far.  It was also a nice change of pace to relax, let them catch some perch and enjoy some of the lake's amenities.  Good weekend.  Won't be up for  two weeks or so.  Good luck to anyone fishing the tourney this weekend.  IMG_6205.thumb.JPG.e3469c0e2fa278a3c543f8dbe00c18de.JPG

IMG_6198.JPG

Edited by cband

Nice work CBand.  I thought that was you Saturday, but wasn't sure because of the different boat.  Thanks for giving us some space on that fish, and sorry to have to stop in front of you like that.  We had a decent day Saturday, boating 4 of 5.  My buddy and I also got our kids out for a couple muskies Monday of the opening weekend. Nice pics with your girls.

Overall, I think the fishing has been a bit slow numbers wise since the opener, but there have been some nice mid to upper 40" fish caught. We have also been getting more fish north than south so far. Lots of bait suspended high in the water. Even saw perch schools boiling the surface of the water a few times this weekend. Floating pond weed is bad in spots and water temps are around mid 60s. North end water is clear but the south end is pretty stained with algae already.

Good luck with your tournament guys.

Ivan, Your clickers were good to hear on that fish.  I got the Lund the end of last year.  Too many days getting beat up in the jet up there.  The Jet pretty much stays at the camp on the river in Warren.  See you if a few weeks up there.

Edited by cband