Legally entered fish for the LOC??

I have agree 100% with you Duane on the boat share. I also agree with Nick as to each his own. However, saying a boat share is selfish is a pretty much way out of line IMO. Taxes alone on tournament winnings are 25% federal, plus state and local.

It's pretty cut and dry with me, during any tournament the boat gets a share of the winnings to cover taxes, repairs, lost tackle,and so on. Whoever's boat is used is irreverent as long as that individual is the one receiving the check....boat takes a share. If someone else is to receive the check, tax consideration would supersede boat share. It would be more selfish in my opinion to not be OK with that.

Anyone not OK with a boat share is not welcome to fish on my boat....simple as that.

When you own the boat you make the rules, I agree with that :) Sorry if my opinion came as being out of line. We'll all just have to agree to disagree. I changed my original post as it was a bit harsh.

Nick

Sometimes things read differently than they are intended....happens to me plenty :roll: Thanks for the pm bud.

True that we don't have to agree, as long as we respect each individuals boat & tournament policies and stay respectful towards them :lol::P

I'll stay in touch.

Duane

Thanks for the support! I caught my first 25lb plus salmon (out in the lake) and a few in the 18 to 22 range as well this weekend. I also caught a coho that weighed over 15 that was a surprise I didnt think they got that big!! You never know if i keep dragging that meat behind those flashers something cool could happen. My Dad caught his first good sized king on sunday man he could note wipe that grin off his face the rest of the day. :D

Gene, good going esp. with that Coho. Beautiful fish. Glad to hear about your father as well. Wish I could get my dad out on the lake but he has a fear of water since he almost drowned as a child many years ago. My hats off to you for making this a family event. Keep the faith and again continue to fish with confidence. You are doing something right. If you get a chance, swing by Lakeside A-17- A-20- when I'm up there or call my cell. I want to give you a flasher rig that we call "old reliable" Nothing is guaranteed is this fishery, but this rig comes awful close. :)