We hit the water off of the Oak around 6:30. We tried the inside waters again for 30 minutes until they dried up and managed to loose a good one on the wire Green double crush glow SmartFish with a Green Crinkle A-TOM-MIK fly, and we landed a skippy off the rigger that took a NK 28 Suplerglow NBK. We dropped in at the 27N line and worked out till the 30-31 and had a slow pick. At one point all four wires took off with the low wires out 125 and 150 on a .5 setting, and the high wires out 200 and 225 on a 3 setting. Riggers were firing, but there wasn't a HOT color until late morning when our NK Copper NBK's started to fire on the riggers down 50-100, and on our wires out 225-300. I guess the fish went a little deeper than expected for us at least. The last rig we had go was our 300 copper with the same #3 Mongoose colored J-Plug. We ended the day with 19 bites, and we landed 15 of them. Only had 2 big guys on throughout the day, and we dropped them both. Nothing for the leaderboard today, but we will be out again on Sunday morning to give it a shot. We had some nasty conditions to deal with out there working the 28-30N lines. Here is a cool video I captured from driving on the flybridge.

th_100_0689.jpg

You really don't understand how nice those waves are.

You should have fished Lake Erie with us today out of Conneaut, OH. Put those 3 times closer together, with teeth, and add a foot and a half.

I love Lake O because it is so much easier on my teeth and back!!!

It was 3 to 5s power swells with top teeth for most of the day and the parking lot was still PACKED.

Those were 3-5's with an occasional 6 rolling through. The camera never shows wave height all that well. Anyway, it wasnt fun going into them and going with them went too fast especially becasue fish were flying on a following sea troll.