Cannon 2011 Mag !0 HS quit.

Bound4Glory

Cannon 2011 Mag !0 HS quit.

I recently had a problem with a cannon 2011 mag 10 HS, I noticed that it was coming up slower than normal, eventually it stopped. Reset circuit breaker on rigger, and checked voltage. Ended up hand retrieving up. I opened up rigger and noticed a burned spot on control board, so I replaced it, resealed and returned to service, only to have the unit retrieving slow again. After about three or four operations(up & down), the unit quit again. I replaced this one with the new Cannon mag 5 HS which operates fine on the same plug. Any suggestions on how to repair my Cannon 2011 mag 10 HS? 

Edited by Bound4Glory

1 hour ago, Bound4Glory said:

Cannon 2011 Mag 5 HS quit.

I recently had a problem with a cannon 2011 mag 5 HS, I noticed that it was coming up slower than normal, eventually it stopped. Reset circuit breaker on rigger, and checked voltage. Ended up hand retrieving up. I opened up rigger and noticed a burned spot on control board, so I replaced it, resealed and returned to service, only to have the unit retrieving slow again. After about three or four operations(up & down), the unit quit again. I replaced this one with the new Cannon mag 5 ST which operates fine on the same plug. Any suggestions on how to repair my Cannon 2011 mag 5 HS? 

since there isn't a lot to them and the gears aren't binding I'm gonna guess the motor is your issue. 

Check the rubber boot around the switch.  I had a crack in the boot on my mag 20 years ago and it was doing the same thing.  After replacing the switch, the boot and the board, it stopped doing it.  There was corrosion inside of the switch from moisture.