8/22- Sandy Report with Pic

Hit the water at 5:30 with my father and an old friend. Great temp in shallow. Pulled a double right away- both kings 19 and 21 lbs. About 45 minutes later- we had a great release on the deep rigger- ended up being a huge male- in the picture; 32.6 officially.

Fished for another hour- cathching a 18 lb king and breaking off another.

Home by 10:00

Good luck to all!

gx5uEAS.jpg

Thanks guys- my father is very proud of it. I think it is the biggest male he has caught since the mid 1980s. We were only in 60 FOW when it hit- first run went out 400, next was just over 300. Then it went to the bottom and did not move- so we just circled it for the next 20 minutes until he got it at the boat.

In all honesty- I did not clear any other rods while he was fighting it. The rod tip was vibrating back and forth so we just thought he was hooked in the gill plate or below the jaw. We were busting his chops the entire time about screwing around with the fish and waisting quality time by having to circle the boat. We just figured it was another 20 lb fish that was slightly foul hooked. Turned out the vibration was from the lure being bent in half across it's mouth.