Hemlock Tues. Nt.

I've been trying to Conesus Lake for 6 years and have had a couple of good runs on the pike. Of course, we're looking for the muskies. The last 3 outings, we haven't even been able to get a pike or bass. Our system has been to just rip crank baits along the weed edges and drop offs. This hasn't been working at all. One of the reasons we fish for these species is because trout are too smart for us. We haven't set up a down rigger yet for the suspending fish. I don't know what else I can say - we're just a couple of rookies that have been fishing for a long time poorly. Any hints? Thanks

Doozer-

Take out the part of the link for your pics that should work. By the way kind of boat do you own I think I have seen you out before.

Tom

I have a white and red 14 ft. Smoker Craft. I'm the a couple times a week.

I've been trying to Conesus Lake for 6 years and have had a couple of good runs on the pike. Of course, we're looking for the muskies. The last 3 outings, we haven't even been able to get a pike or bass. Our system has been to just rip crank baits along the weed edges and drop offs. This hasn't been working at all. One of the reasons we fish for these species is because trout are too smart for us. We haven't set up a down rigger yet for the suspending fish. I don't know what else I can say - we're just a couple of rookies that have been fishing for a long time poorly. Any hints? Thanks

Iam not an expert on the musky on Conesus but get one occasionally I think your best bet is to work the north end in 10-15 FOW run inline spinners over the weeds I like the florescent orange musky killers by Mepps you can get some long cast and cover a lot of water I don’t use a steel leader because they seem to catch more weeds and less fish.. Some days I add a small stinger hook with a red feather on it that seems to entice the sluggish fish that follow the bait…..

Sharkbait,

I'm on Hemlock at least a few times a week, the last time I was out was this past Saturday and there were a few large weed pots just off Mission point. Hopefully they have moved north of the markers. The eye's have been spotty lately out there. Good luck man!

Steve

Pike have been hot last couple of weeks along the south east shoreline. We've been hooking them fishing for bass in the evening using topwater baits. Cast accross the shallower weeds and bring the lure back across the deep edges. This is where most of our strikes were occuring.