Cayuga 11/1.

lily

Launched yesterday about 8 am from Myers. With notlt of time to fish decided to hang near Myers and see if we could find fish near the launch. Found a nice scum line set up just south of the launch in front of the salt plant. Marked a ton of fish and bait in the 60 to 90 ft range right along the scum line. Set riggers down 90. With flasher fly with spoons stacked at 70 and 60. Ran dipsys at 180 and 240. Made 3 or 4 passes in front of the plant and back out around Myers point and couldn't move a rod. The water was dark and had a lot of junk floating in it. Changed flies and spoons pretty regularly and couldn't get anything to fire. Lasted about 2 hrs and finally called it quits as the rain hit. First skunk of the year but didn't really put a lot of effort in to it. Fish and scum line were found in about 250 to 280 ft of water. The inside water was barren marked no fish or bait under 200 ft of water. Good luck out there to anyone fortunate enough to be able to keep fishing. Thanks for all the help this year to those that gave me tips. Side note the water had a lot of junk in it including fairly good sized logs floating. The launch at Myers had a lot of debris in the water. But the water level seemed about normal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

gotta watch those "scum lines".. If you were marking a lot of fish, and had lures in the zone without even  a hit, it would not surprise me at all if it was mostly submerged weeds,  leaves,sticks etc.. that crap can go pretty deep  when  its arranged along a current or wind breakline.. I was reading "fish" top to bottom a week  or so ago, while jigging.. When i kept hooking submerged suspended weeds 70-80 feet down, I knew what I was REALLY looking at on my "good screen"-crap... bob

May have been weeds. Never had to clear the lines of weeds. Sure looked like bait and fish. Who knows what it was what ever it was wasn't interested in anything I sent down there. This time a year can be really hit or miss especially with Lakers getting ready to spawn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you weren't clearing lines, you most likely found a bunch of fish that were just neutral, and weren't in the mood to play.. The weeds on the Finger Lakes seem to get worse with each passing  year, I dunno, maybe its just me...  I have  seen weeds this year like never before, including on Skanetaeles, where years ago, you couldn't even find a weed if you searched for one...