Cayuga 08/29 Rain, Waves,

Fished Cayuga out of Taughannock park from 6:30am till 10:30am. Took Jeff who is new to the Forum and his father. The rain came down hard and the waves where high :o , but we put some nice fish in the boat. Two rainbows one of which was over 8lbs, a 4lb salmon and several big Lake Trout. Every rod took fish today, all from 80 to 50 ft down over 180 to 300+ ft of water. The guys realy knew how to put fish in the boat with no fish lost. Only passed one other boat all morning.

was that boat BLUE, if it was that was me. we did 8 for 12 with a real rookie on the rods. first 4 fish were dropped , just would not listen!!! took the next several fish to show him how (standing behind with a hand on the rod and a hand on the wheel) finally he got the hand of it and never dropped another.hot rod was wire 180 out over 100+ although the riggers did there share. on the water at 8 off at 12. one rainbow the rest were lakers 4-6 lbs.GOD BLESS rollie

Hey Sean, My dad and I had a great time fishing on Friday. We cooked the Salmon, Bow and laker that night, the Salmon was hands down the best. 1st we pan seared them in a cognac, oil and spices blend, then put them in the oven at 500 on cedar planks. Very tasty. Thanks for all fishing tips, I hope to have my 87 Bayliner Trophy up and running soon so I can start putting fish in my boat. Jeff.................

aVIyaAJ.jpg