Well, after having my boat in the shop for a week and having some other things to do on the weekend, we finally made it out for the last day of the Derby. I decided to go out of Braddocks cause I figured there would be less boat traffic than Sandy. We started a lil west of the point in about 70 feet of water and fished toward 100 ft. I just put on a new depthfinder and what a difference from my old one. We were marking good bait and some fish mostly 70 ft and down. About 8:00 Keith was letting out the lead core when the Dipsey rod fired. I tried to hand him the rod of course but he said take it. The fish took a couple short runs and then was hanging on the surface acting like a smaller fish. When we got it to the net and on to the boat it was a lot bigger. I said were running in. I weighed it on my scale and it was between 32 and 33 pounds. We were all by ourselves out there, there wasn't a boat within 2 miles.

We got to Mitchells a little after nine and it weighed 31 pounds 14 ozs.At the time it was tied for 11th. It is now tied for Tenth. The bummer is that there is no fish of the day on the last day, but it was great to make the board. We then went back out to the same area and got into another one that put up a great fight and I thought we had another one for the board. Keith was pretty tired out when he got it to net and it was a lil under 20 pounds. We then called it a day cause it was a lil after 12:00. The first fish took a echip flasher that was blue with white glow with a siver black Attomic Fly. The second fish was on the homemade spindoctor 42nd flasher. Both were on Dipseys. Thanx to Keith, LT Trollers son for coming out with me. His Dad had to work. Keith won't let him forget about that. Will try to get out again later this week. :D:D:D

NICE JOB!

That's not the way I heard it though. Keith said you gave him an body check on the way to the rod. :lol: Just kidding. He had fun just getting out.

I will forward the pics after I get them off his camera, if I don't "accidentally" delete them. :lol:

Next time, you can work for me and I'll go catch the fish. Congrats on making the board, and to all the other LOUer's that did. :):):)

LTtroller

Bob

That's not the way I heard it though. Keith said you gave him an body check on the way to the rod.

Sounds like my cuz Richard when the first rod fired Saturday. He was just a blur getting to the rod. (on MY side of the boat) :D :D :D