Wanted smart troll Android

Termination for probe. I have 19 strand wire was thinking of using the red OR clips with pin to connect probe, and putting heat shrink tubing on the wire to help protect the wire.
How have others attached the probe?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I usually run the probes hooked right in the line, always felt that having it tethered off the main line would create more tangles and drag

On a wire diver I just hook one end of the probe to the wire and the other end to the dipsy.

On a copper or lead core I hook the probe to the end of the main leader then run a run a short leader off end of the probe to the lure.

Still trying to figure out the best place for the probe when using slide divers but will probably set it up like a copper line.

I've only used the OR clips on the rigger cable

Made it thru last year without losing any probes

2 hours ago, mudflat said:

On a wire diver I just hook one end of the probe to the wire and the other end to the dipsy.

Made it thru last year without losing any probes

What type of knot for wire to probe you using?

thanks

Scott

I slide on a couple beads and attach a good quality swivel to the wire using the "wire line knot"

http://www.fishdoctorcharters.com/videos/video3F.html

Wow, thats a simple knot, looks too easy to be true. I’ll give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

23 hours ago, rick99 said:

Last 2 years I’ve used red OR clips never an issue on riggers, wire, dipsey or copper

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Did you notice any issues with the OR right on the wire or copper, I'm thinking of putting a section of het shrink tubing right where the OR would clamp to help protect the line

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 12:06 PM, Silver Fox said:

I love mine, but with my out drive I can't run it on the opposite side of the boat from where the ducer is. No biggie, I only run one on the diver is all anyways, so it's not a big deal.

I have a outboard and was looking at your post with the outdrive in the way of the signal. I used a section of 1"x1" aluminum C channel that I am mounting the ducer too, its about 4' long. I figure I can C clamp it the transom when ready to fish so I can drop it below the outboard, hoping I should then be able to run both sides.

Edited by scobar