• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sgilbert14

Wanted Looking for gear, tricks and ideas

5 minutes ago, dannycoleman49 said:

$60 FOR A HALF. DAY OR 100 FOR THE DAY

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

is this on Ontario or one of the fingers?  

Well, I will be taking you up on one of them.. When all is set with my noat and gear I would like to arrange a full day. I will let you know when I have everything set... thanks 

• Like 1

Instead of a trolling plate I use to drag two buckets. I liked it better for boat control.

The rod canon track and rod holders make a huge difference! Definitely install them

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Awesome in 2 ways. Advice on equipment and pics of what my rig could look like with a t-top- next years big buy 

GM did the t-top come on your boat or is it something that you added? Would love to find one just like that when I can recover some $$. 

I would also recommend looking into the gimbals mounts for your riggers and rod holders.  They just slide into your existing rod holders and no drilling or mounting is required.  Easy to take out and put in.  Works excellent for rod trees as well.  Great lakes planners has all the accessories if not some good on line photos for rod holders and mounting options for you to look at.  The trax are nice but once you drill you are committed.

GM did the t-top come on your boat or is it something that you added? Would love to find one just like that when I can recover some $$. 

Hi the T-Top came with the boat when I bought it. I know some mentioned gimbal mounts instead of drilling. I tried that the issue is with the 17-18’ foot fishing platform the stern got too crowded and I found I didn’t have enough space to run 2 dipseys, like wire and braid (on each rod) or combo like dipsey and lead core. I found that the hard way with a few tangles. Nothing more annoying than wasting time trolling a tangle. While drilling is a commitment adding the 2 cannon tracks was the best thing I did! It gave me so much more room to work with. Because if you use the cannon or traxtech rod holder (or similar product) you can angle them down so the rods are parallel to the water, this gives you a rod length of extension out each side of the boat. If I were to change anything I wish I installed longer cannon tracks and also ones for my Downriggers (at stern). Because then you can change out your Downrigger by simply sliding them out. You still may need to use planner boards to move your dipseys and lead core or copper further out to the side of your going to troll with more than 1 rod on either side. Hope this helps. Take up the offers to go out and learn from experienced fisherman!