Swim platform bracket

Would like a bracket off the side of my swim platform, if I use a 2" angle top and bottom of platform off side a foot will this work angle would run the full width of platform or am I crazy, just afraid of a bracket iny islander aluminum yes no, it is for a 9 hp out board sorry .

Edited by Jakob5pennies
clear up

Your going to hook the motor off the side and not the back?? So the motor would set away from the boat. Like it would be along the side of your boat whether it be Port or starboard?? Or am I loosing it:lol:

Ok cool, you're not so crazy after all. If you look around the internet there are a lot of pictures of guys mounting the kickers to the swim platform. There are brackets that make it happen very easy and secure and allow you to place the kicker in the best position for your application. I would look into those and see if it would get you where you want to be. I would think the brackets off to the side would place the motor out to far from the side.

Check the control configuration first. What I mean is the steering control has an optimal distance from the main motor to work properly, find out what that is and reverse engineer it. 

Don’t you have a little like swim platform?? Maybe if you looke up Adventurre Marine. They make all kinds of kicker brackets and that’s where I bought the one I have. This was one of the hot talks a week or two. 

The above post has the link to Adventure marine. I can’t figure out how to put in this thread, I’m not the most tech savvy:lol: that’s the best I can do. I’m sure someone else will post it. Or just look above here. :thinking: