Transom Mount Side Imaging transducer

FishnChef

Looking at up grading my humminbird Helix 9 d i to a helix 9 SI Mega. My question is with a 150 Merc and 9.9 kicker on the back how big of an issue will the Side Imaging signal getting blocked be? I believe I read somewhere that they make transducers that can be mounted on both sides, two transducers, that will alleviate any potential issue but I'd rather not have to do that. The boat is a 2016 Crestliner Super Hawk 1850

• Like 1

You can go the route of two ducers, but then you're spending more money. I have the Mega on my Lund on the Starboard side. I cant have the main or kicker tilted all the way down, or I block the Port side. Trim up a little and it goes away. I get some great pics! If you follow me on Facebook you've seen some of my images.

I didn't follow you previously but I do now . sounds like your boat is set up just like mine so if I can get away with just trimming up a bit I don't see that as a huge deal. exactly the information I needed. Thanks

Definitely need to mount  low towards the centerline on a deep v.   Even makes a difference on a bass boat.  I'm very happy with the mega imaging 12 and have the same 9 you have as well.  Hummingbird has a good diagram in a PDF that shows a few options though I'd definitely avoid the cost of two transducers.  

We were thinking about mounting the transducer to a rod with a piece of flat stock welded to the bottom to mount the ducer and slide it into the next size pipe with a locking device onto it this way wile fishing we could drop the ducer below the bottom  and not interfere with the kicker. We don’t have electric trim on my kicker. Others have where you can trim it manually but my kicker is either all the way up or all the way down. We are putting the cart before the horse kinda saying, as we haven’t decided on a unit but the hummingbird seems to have way more YA’s than NA’s. 

Yeah that's how my Kicker is too it's either all the way up or all the way down. I think there might be adjustments that can be made or worst case scenario I was thinking about making a shim that I would just put in place when I was trying to use the Side Imaging. at the same time I like your idea about having a transducer that can be raised and lowered. I'm going to brainstorm on that a little further. There's no way I'm spending the money for two transducers I don't care what I have to rig up.