Big Jon max Rigger weight

I have Big Jon Captains Pak electric riggers.  Does anyone know how much weight they can handle?  I thought I read somewhere 20 lbs but can not find that anywhere and

the owners manual doesn't say.   Thinking of trying 12 or 14 lb fish.

I run 12 lb balls i do think they like it much but it works and i am adding wingers on as well to my side riggers should be interesting to see how hard the wingers pull to the side might need to reduce the weight to get full affect of the wingers.

Actually I had an email in to Big Jon and they finally got back to me.  seems like 12 lb is the max on the older captains pak and 14 on the newer.  Booms can take it but the motor is the issue.  Dont want to burn up a motor as expensive as they are.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 10:33 PM, VooDoo said:

I have Big Jon Captains Pak electric riggers.  Does anyone know how much weight they can handle?  I thought I read somewhere 20 lbs but can not find that anywhere and

the owners manual doesn't say.   Thinking of trying 12 or 14 lb fish.

I run 4 of the older Big Jo Captains Pak. I have been running 4 14 pound torpedo weights with out much issue. However I did break a rigger Boom last year. Probably just from years of stress. Motors handle the weight fine