Walker Deep Diver.

Anyone using these or familiar with them? I picked up a couple rather than the Dipsies because they are a buck or 2 cheaper and look exactly the same to me. I have been using them for about a month and I don't think they track off to the side as much as they should. I was out a bit this afternoon and one diver kept walking across the back regardless of where I set the keel weight. Any help is appreciated.

I use the mag size and I have not had that problem, I have found the release screw adjustment to be difficult to get right on one of mine. I think I am just going to pitch it out, had to reel in a laker with the trip arm still in one day, I then adjusted it a tiny bit looser and it tripped 2x just trying to get it to depth.

We've been running them for two season now and really like them a lot better than the original Dipsy Divers. I've never had one walk like you describe shakemsam. It almost sounds to me like you have the diver on the wrong side of the boat and its walking to the other side. Is that a possibility?

The release tension screw sometimes requires that you hold the nut on the back so that you can get a good adjustment. That's about the only complaint that we had with them and once we figured that out we've been able to get good release tension adjustments.

I've been using these for 2 yrs now and wouldn't change back. Had same problem as Chowder at first, but you'll get the knack of it after a couple adjustments - holding the nut as Billy stated. Not having the weight tightened down enough may cause it to shift, and change course.

Good luck,

Shawn