Great day at Sodus. Launched at public ramp next to Arney's Marine.  Turned west outside inlet, ran west for about a mile and set up.  We were looking for Browns, planer boards and stick baits, 20 FOW or less. Trolled west.  Chalky green water at 49deg,, looked great.  Nothing for 1.5 hours, decided to go deeper.  Crossing the 35FOW line a king ripped my J-7 black over silver.  Still had the light rods out (magda 15's). Nice 10 pounder.  Continued for rest of day with 7 kings boated, 4 lost early, 2 steelhead,  1 laker.  The laker threw the hook at the boat, biggest laker I've ever hooked in to.  And it keeps getting bigger.   The stick baits were all that worked until 11am.  After that spoons on riggers down 40 in 60 FOW. Most action was about 1.5 miles east of Hughes Marina.  Pulled out at 2:30.  All fish are still swimming except for 1- 7 pound king.

Last  year I bought a dozen "Badmo" spoons from a member on this site.  They looked odd and I have never met anyone that has used them. Three of my kings, the laker and 1 steelhead came on a  Badmo.  Other spoons no work.  No, I do not have any for sale, but they have worked great this year.

its time, get to Sodus, the kings are in close and damn nice ones too.

• Like 2