Cayuga south end 9/28

Fished south end in the rain on Sunday from 7-11, went 8 for 13. A couple of really nice browns and LL. Lots of dink LL and rainbow, and missed a few good ones too. Fluctuated our SOG from 1.6 to 2.0 and S-curves. Just about everything we threw out produced. Greens, tans, browns and purples on the spoons, but couldn't get anything to fire on green flasher/fly. stayed in 70-150 ft of water, downriggers down between 50-70ft with sliders and dipseys back 100-300 ft - all took fish. Rain sucked, tons of weeds and fleas, so you had to stay active clearing lines, but it was a great day of fishing.

Fished out of Long Point last Thrusday (9/25/08 ) and the fly bite was OK. The day was a combination spoon & fly day for me. Spoons off the riggers and flies off the wire dipsey. My speed is 2.0 to 2.6 gps. Only had 1 under size fish (LL @17").

From the reports I'm seeing the bigger browns & salmon are south of were I normally fish but I'm getting enough fish to keep me up there. Besides, I just don't want to crowd anyone out. :lol:

I only just recently came over to cayuga because I'm tired of always getting skunked at seneca. Thought I was doing something wrong until we made the trek over there and have been doing pretty well on the exact same program, so I'm glad it wasn't just me (not to say that I'm any good at this).

I can't speak for the east side - every time we've come up we've done well on the west just north of the dropoff and haven't had to stray much.

Last week we mainly had dinks, so we may move next time, but we'll still start in the same place and see what happens. I can say that most of the guys seem to be (at least the times I go) on the west or in the middle, with a few boats over on the east side.

We haven't trolled as far north as meyers, only because we haven't had to yet - we find a productive area and just keep trolling back through it picking up fish until the wives start calling and we have to go home...

anywhere from 20-50 ft. back from the ball. We've had most luck on natural colors (tan/brwn w/white back, brown trout pattern, etc.) but also have picked up a lot on brighter stingers (green dolphin, orange/blk, red/blk), so I'd say that just about everything seems to work (on some level) except for flasher/fly, which we just couldn't get going, and stickbaits, but only because we really didn't fish em. Sounds like others are having luck with stickbaits on riggers, so we may give it a shot too.

weeds were terrible. We had to abandon surface program and constantly clean all other lines. I think the longest we left any one line in the water was 15mins. It wasn't as bad on the west side in 70-100 ft of water, but for some reason, any deeper or any shallower, or anywhere south of the dropoff, was basically unfishable.

we'll be out there again sunday am on channel 68 - if anyone's around give us a shout (17ft starcraft)

Huntfrisco,on Sunday 10/5 the weeds were worst in the middle @ the drop off. On Tues 10/7 the weeds were rough behind any point, where the wave action dropped off. It really did seem like the depth range you mentioned was the best for keeping lines clean but I am not so sure that it is the most productive. Stay away from the weed mat around just off Treman it's full of dinks hiding from real fish. Maybe it would work to jig down thru that. My south end program leaves a lot to be desired at this point, let me know what works for you, I will be out on Sunday but not till 11:00 or so