New Header Coming - FYI

Hi LOU Members -

This is simply an FYI as to what I have been working on lately:

The problem: Site Navigation (unless your a Pro member)

Description: There are several areas on the site that can be used for navigation. This includes the header, tabs at the top of the site, links in the top right corner of the site, more links down the left column of the site and finally links in the footer and within the forum itself. While this is usually not a problem, it can confuse new users to the board who simply want a straight-forward navigational schema in place. We want to move towards a more standard means of navigation - something much simpler like a text based (for quick load times) navigation menu across the top of the site in place of the 4 current HUGE tabs that take up too much real estate at the top.

Professional members will get to see and test out the new header first and once all looks good we will go post it for the rest of the LOU masses.

The header will not be much different from what you see right now, just a little bit quicker on the load time and easier to navigate. We are excited about it and we hope you will like it also.... I expect the new header to be ready within the new few days.

Thanks!

Chad

All Pro members should see the new header now. If you don't simply hit refresh. Let me know if anyone is having issues or if things looks a little strange. I have done my best to test the new header across several different browsers and operating systems.

Thanks!

Chad

yes i took a header in the salmon river.... i tried to old pool and hook method, but with out ray there showing how to hookem, i decided to try to alaskan bear method...so i put my head in the water trying to grab some fish with my mouth. this is alot harder then reaching in rays cooler and grabbing a beer...as soon as i got ahold of one i had the tail slapping my face...i was so excited that i caught i ran to the shore to put the fish on a stringer i triped over a couple of rocks that was in the water...filled my waders with water and got my phone wet.

i noticed the heaser yesterday good job chad keep it up

Thanks fellas! Only the LOU Pro members will get the "salmon" version of the header. The rest of the LOU members will get the "rainbow trout" version. See the about us page for an example or just wait a bit while I get the rest of the header stuff in place across the rest of the site.

The KEY to any good website is easy navigation and that is basically what we were trying to accomplish here. Straight-forward simple nav...

Thanks again for the kind words everyone!

Cheers -

Chad