Cayuga water temps?

we found surface temps from 59.5 to 61. the fishing was poor, we did no keeper fish. our focus was salmon/bows and browns. we ran nothing shallower than 45 ft down on riggers/wire/lead core 10/8 colors. we did tons of dinks all on spoons and stickbaits. could not get a fish in the legal class from boyscout camp to southern end. too many weeds on the east side to troll.

We went over on Sunday worked T-falls to the South end, riggers 20-50, 4&6 colors, wire slidediver 100-150', and reg wire dipsy 140-210. A pretty day w/ out many legal fish, though we did get a 32" Laker off a rigger rod that my 11 year had quite a time with, for a laker this fish really had some fight in it! From Bolton point to the Yacht club we ran a flatline/stix combo off a board and it would only stay out long enough to grab one 10-12" salmon after another. The weeds got terrible down there and we quit. I wish we had tried the surface presentation earlier, but maybe it would not have attracted anything of any size, we really did not see many good marks even in and around bait pods, which made me slightly suspicious that some fish are up high. Has anybody tried flatlines much?This is my first season with this so I don't have a sense of how stong a bite comes back after the water cools off, what typically happens?

Fished out of Dean's Cove on Saturday. The surface temp was 62. We had a good day, mostly young ones (bows and landlocks), but we boated three nice bows. We fished in 100 to 150 fow and the best results were from 60 to 90. Nothing worked up higher.....strange.

Ray