Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lakebound88

Sampson State Park photo update

I guess at this point anything is an improvement as a boater that lives on my boat most of the summer I have seen a major decline in the infrastructure of the marina  the state hasn’t put a dime in the marina for at least 15 years. So I am very grateful that some one is saving the marina  I just hope when the are done with renovations  and it is a private marina  they will give us the same courtesy as the people who rent the cabins.  They have signs stating  registered cabin  renters only  so you can’t walk near them. If you  are in a boat you have people walking up the dock u rent and either cloning on your boat or peeking in the windows. There is no privacy. We are told it is a public marina   My hope is that when completed we can also have privacy on the dock we rent. Posting signs does no good with out  someone enforcing it and consequences.  

Are you currently a slip holder?

Nick

I guess at this point anything is an improvement as a boater that lives on my boat most of the summer I have seen a major decline in the infrastructure of the marina  the state hasn’t put a dime in the marina for at least 15 years. So I am very grateful that some one is saving the marina  I just hope when the are done with renovations  and it is a private marina  they will give us the same courtesy as the people who rent the cabins.  They have signs stating  registered cabin  renters only  so you can’t walk near them. If you  are in a boat you have people walking up the dock u rent and either cloning on your boat or peeking in the windows. There is no privacy. We are told it is a public marina   My hope is that when completed we can also have privacy on the dock we rent. Posting signs does no good with out  someone enforcing it and consequences.  

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 11/12/2018 at 2:43 PM, lakebound88 said:

That's the plan I believe according to the word of mouth, the company rebuilding is doing good so far.

Nick

Is it closed for.ice fishing was hoping to take my daughter again this year.

Is it closed for.ice fishing was hoping to take my daughter again this year.
Yes, the marina is entirely closed, see photos above. Theres no way a fish can get in.... it has filled with water but that's because the pumps were off a few times. But, I highly doubt they will ever allow fishing in the marina again.

no matter what happens some of us wont like the changes they make, that's life. The one thing I know. every time they make a major improvement like this. its going to cost more money to enjoy what we like to do.

• Like 1