Leaders for trolling?

On our boat we usually run flurocarbon leaders, Main line trilene biggame, for brown's 10#biggame and 10# flurocarbon Pline and seagar is a good choice of leader. KING'S 30# biggame, 20# seagar fluro for spoons. fly/flasher riggs go with 50# fluro leader.

We run between 3-6 feet of 20# Flourocarbon as a leader, for everything... flatlines, boards, and d/riggin. I'm cheap so I use YoZuri Hybrid or Cabelas brand. I've never had the Flouro break, but I've pulled apart snap swivels.

I'm a big believer due to a time my Dad was fishing with me. Same lures and everything. I was catching fish on my side of the boat, and he was getting nothing. All we could figure was the flouro, so he tied some on and bammo he started catching to.

I've been using Triple Fish Leader material in both floro.& salt water . For salmon fly rigs I use their 50# salt water material & in the spring we will use 8#-10# Floro. It's available thru Cabelas, price is right. Much better material than Ande! Compatable to Segaur.

-------- Capt. Randy / HitorMiss charters

Seagar is #1. I have tried every other brand mentioned in this post and nothing tops Seagar. It is a little more money but you pay for what you get. Make sure you get the leader material not the floro for spooling an entire rod. I use Seagar for trolling leaders and also for icefishing leaders. I landed a 41" northern out of Conesus lake in 2005 on 15 lb. without a steel leader. The leader was all chewed up but it was still strong.