Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tony G

Bloodrun Impaler hooks

I always upgrade my spoons hooks and these caught my eye. I did see some negative comments about a high breakage rate while unhooking fish. Well I got some. Very sharp. Onto the water, they hooked up well.  BBUUTT they did break unhooking fish. Swapping back out to 2/0 Gamakatsu standard trebles. Hated to post this, but fisherman helping fisherman is what this is all about.

• Like 1

Yup if you twist them pulling them out they will.  Gotta back them straight out.  I had a few do the same till I figured it out.  Still the sharpest hook out there.  Have a good season!

9 hours ago, Tall Tails said:

Yup if you twist them pulling them out they will.  Gotta back them straight out.  I had a few do the same till I figured it out.  Still the sharpest hook out there.  Have a good season!

Kinda hard to do with fish flopping around at times. We are a no kill team unless a top 5 fish so we release many fish. Thanks for heads up, they did hook up great, we need a longer lasting option, the standard 2/0 Gamma's work perfect not even sure why I looked at another option. I was interested in the "cutting" point.

There are two kinds of hooks.  Those that bend and those that break.  I have no issues replacing hooks that break when I take them out.  I don't like when hooks bend and I lose fish.  I have never had an impaler break and lose a fish but I have broke them due to me being rough and taking them out of a fishes mouth. 

• Thanks 1