big boards

stan

Depends Stan , if you are running shallow baits near shore for shore hugin fish, I run them off one side, the shore side of course and keep the boat away from the baits....less hassle to deal with two boards in the water at the same time. However, if you want to spread out away from shore I run them off both sides too cover the most water in one sweep and keep baits away from the scary boat. We so far can only use two rods here per licensed person as well. Don't tell Ray that he might have to flip the bill for licenses on his two blowup fishermen though...That would be highly deflating to his fishing budget :$

I agree with Skipper that there are many variables that go into making that decision. I can only speak for myself but I rarely run more than one. If I want to get a lot of rods In the water, than two may be a choice and If I'm targeting steelhead or browns up high In the water column I may consider running two. Last year...I never ran more than one but this year....who knows?

If I'm fishing a tournament I'm only running one board because I like to be able to clear rods and retrieve equipment fast and run to a new area If I need to. I can only run 6 rods In the Am division anyway. It also makes turning the boat a lot easier If you want to swing back and hit a waypoint (or scoop up a floater someone lost at the net :lol: ) For us, the Scotty may be a different story and I may throw two out for that one? Pro teams and charters need numbers and probably run two all the time? Also. With two boards In the water the inside board will go slack on a fast turn and that can sometimes cause problems so you have to watch that.