Lake Alice

becks

Anybody have any experience ice fishing Lake Alice?

My folks have a cottage on that lake and I was going give at try but I'm not sure where to start.

Their cottage is at the south end, opposite end of the damn.

Thanks!

Not sure what the south end is like, but have fished the north end above the bridge. It is very deep around 65ft and it happens real fast from shore...there are crappies and other panfish and I hear there are walleyes but haven't found them. there's about every species of fish in there even some small stripped bass...I've not fished it extensively but most guys seem to fish the creek channel that comes in on the southeast side of the bridge above the dam. fished it the last time 2 years ago over near the island but had no luck getting anything significant

Gave it a try this morning for a few hours with out any luck. Fished down west of the bridge on the south side in about 10 feet of water. Tried fatheads, and waxworms on jigs. I know one thing for shure is I'm going to have to get a power auger if I'm gonna keep doing this :whew::whew: Thick ice though , at least 10 inches

Got out again this morning and was skunked again. Waxies on jigs. Figured I better get out before the next few days. A lot of runnoff and cracking today. Shore ice had water on it. I think for next year a camera is going to be a neccessity to see if they just aren't biting or if there's nobody home. Wish I had a better report. Good luck if anyone can make it out again and be safe. - Mick