2018 Starcraft fishmaster 196. Will a tiller fit?

Ibester

Hello all!!!

I bought my starcraft fishmaster 2 years ago, I'm getting ready to add a kicker on this boat. And I want a Tiller for a few different reason. But the question I'm struggling with is.. WILL A TILLER KICKER 9.9 YAMAHA  fit on the back port side.. will the tiller hit the splash wall or be a issue in any way???  PLEASE HELP!!. 

ALSO what's the best plate I should use if I can put it right on the boat a not use a bracket..  Thanks in advance all!!!

Hello all!!!
I bought my starcraft fishmaster 2 years ago, I'm getting ready to add a kicker on this boat. And I want a Tiller for a few different reason. But the question I'm struggling with is.. WILL A TILLER KICKER 9.9 YAMAHA  fit on the back port side.. will the tiller hit the splash wall or be a issue in any way???  PLEASE HELP!!. 
ALSO what's the best plate I should use if I can put it right on the boat a not use a bracket..  Thanks in advance all!!!
I have a 2018 with a 9.9 kicker on the port side. Mine does not have the tiller arm. I can tell you that the splash well will interfere with the tiller arm laying out flat. You will likely be able to operate it with the arm folded up but that may not work for you. I attached a pic i have from last winter when i had it stored in a sweet garage i had access to. IMG_20190317_160655.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Before i went to auxiliary steering i had the same issues, that being said my handle had to be it the upward position. So I bought a extension as it was a pita to operate. The one I bought I got at West Marine in Water Town it came with a universal mount that I wasn't to keen on as this one has a tapered end that has wing nuts to allow you to open up the jaws quite far to be able to get a real good go nowhere grip when tightened down. Also the inside of the cup is rubber also. You can put this handle any possible and it extends to well in side the boat. Mine is a I/O kicker was mounted to my swim platform. To give you an idea of my situation. I used it alot with no issues!!! Best of luck with what ever you choose.

You have yours mounted to your swim platform?

Or is it now on the port side right off the transom?

Also I figured I will be using the tiller in the upper position, with that said, can I maneuver the boat "normal" let's say for steering the boat while jigging the Detroit river??

Just posted this relative to another kicker question. As long as you use a bracket you will have no problem with the tiller handle (picture is of 165 Alumacraft). Also- a bracket will probably enable you to trim the kicker up enough to get the shaft out of the water when steaming (which is way better for your transom and the kicker.) Also you can connect 2 outboards together with an inexpensive bracket on the front side of the motors.

49759184_10214099036533407_3067677766942982144_n.jpg

Edited by chowder

Hello all!!!
Answered your pm

Sent from my LM-G820 using Lake Ontario United mobile app