Tailfin

tim

Anyone use this system, if so how good does it work? Running out of options. No autopilot made for my kicker and can’t use EZ steer because I have power assist on main motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

How old is your kicker? I have PA steering and use and EZ steer to my kicker with no problems? Also you could look into an autopilot for the main engine. Sitex makes a pretty simple AP setup that works with PA steering.

I have a sport pilot auto pilot on the main but with the power assist once I shut the main off you can barely turn the steering wheel so that means with the EZ steer I’d have to run both motors in order to have easy steering.

I have a sport pilot auto pilot on the main but with the power assist once I shut the main off you can barely turn the steering wheel so that means with the EZ steer I’d have to run both motors in order to have easy steering.

Garman makes an auto pilot for the kicker motor and they have a system that fits a 2015 15 hp Mercury four stroke but since it’s a carburetor model there’s no guarantee on auto pilot system.

1 hour ago, tim said:

Garman makes an auto pilot for the kicker motor and they have a system that fits a 2015 15 hp Mercury four stroke but since it’s a carburetor model there’s no guarantee on auto pilot system.

That's the new Garmin Reactor kicker AP, look into the previous model which is the TR-1 Gold. That one had a much larger compatibility list than the new reactor system. You can still find the TR-1 Gold systems new if you search around. Being a carb model would likely only impact the throttle control portion, which is a separate p/n on the TR-1 gold system and not even required to make the system work.

Edited by FishingFool34

That's the new Garmin Reactor kicker AP, look into the previous model which is the TR-1 Gold. That one had a much larger compatibility list than the new reactor system. You can still find the TR-1 Gold systems new if you search around. Being a carb model would likely only impact the throttle control portion, which is a separate p/n on the TR-1 gold system and not even required to make the system work.

They won’t warrantee it because it’s not on their list of acceptable motors. It will fit but no warranty

Just installed the tailfin on my kicker along with Itroll. Haven't got a chance to get on the water. I'm in Michigan and the governor banned boating with a motor.

Yeah the same here in a lot of places please let me know how it works I have a troll on the motor now I’m interested to see how to tailfin works.

Yeah the same here in a lot of places please let me know how it works I have a troll on the motor now I’m interested to see how to tailfin works.

That’s ITroll not Have a troll

• 4 weeks later...