Stimuluswatch projects

Please check it out & vote. There's one there to use $1 million on the charlotte/summerville piers.

(Maybe if repairs made, the city will drop it's dumba$$ plans for condos, high-end ragboat marina, etc)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Hey Musky - What's the matter? Don't you want to spend $10 million to repair & then add "context sensitive amenities" to a subway tunnel that hasn't been used in decades? (CSA probably means new grafitti on the walls.) Probably would only cost a 10th of that to fill it in.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

StimulusWatch.org was built to help the new administration keep its pledge to invest stimulus money smartly, and to hold public officials to account for the taxpayer money they spend. We do this by allowing you, citizens around the country with local knowledge about the proposed "shovel-ready" projects in your city, to find, discuss and rate those projects. These projects are not part of the stimulus bill. They are candidates for funding by federal grant programs once the bill passes. Learn more by reading the FAQs.

How can you contribute? Find a project that interests you, or about which you have special knowledge, and let us know what you think. You can find projects by searching or by browsing by locality or program type. Once you find a program, there are three things you can do: 1) vote on whether you believe the project is critical or not; 2) edit the project's description and points in favor or against, and 3) post a comment in the conversation about the project

pretty incredible (or scary) to see some of the figures on this stuff.

340 propossed projects at a cost of $22,093,054,016 for Puerto Rico? http://www.stimuluswatch.org/project/by_state/PR

this has to be the best one i saw on the list. Makes everything else look like chump change. $17,500,000,000.00 for an energy project in the 51st state of puerto rico? http://www.stimuluswatch.org/project/view/3349

Hey Musky,

I don't remember the Johnny Cash version 1987 but the one by 'Tennessee' Ernie Ford 1955 is the classic I remember from my 6 transitor radio. You may be remembering the original "16 Tons" by Merle Travis in 1946. (dates from wikipedia) I get all the stimulus I need from fiber but at your age it may take castor oil. LOL Can't wait to see all the new marinas, piers and boat launches this buys. Bring the fast ferry back, but use it for the cultural center and bus terminal downtown, shovel ready. :lol:

Hey Musky,

I don't remember the Johnny Cash version 1987 but the one by 'Tennessee' Ernie Ford 1955 is the classic I remember from my 6 transitor radio. You may be remembering the original "16 Tons" by Merle Travis in 1946. (dates from wikipedia) I get all the stimulus I need from fiber but at your age it may take castor oil. LOL Can't wait to see all the new marinas, piers and boat launches this buys. Bring the fast ferry back, but use it for the cultural center and bus terminal downtown, shovel ready. :lol:

Why you ol fart :P I remember those too, but I thought most of the younger guys could relate to the newer version. :lol: Oh, & some days it takes dynamite. :D