E-chip Question

I have just started to fish with the pro troll e-chip flashers. I have heard guys having great success lately with them but I seem to not be able to get mine to work. My question is there a device you need to use to active the e-chip to make it turn on? That might have been a dumb question but I thought I saw something that looked like a cell phone charger connected to a flasher on the boat that launched next you us. May have just been laid on the flasher I don't know.

There's no "turning on" an e-chip... all it is, is a small metal ball that hits some kind of microchip crystal as it spins and is supposed to give off a small electrical impulse. I've never seen any flasher with something that needed to be charged before. Could have been a UV light they were using to charge the glow paint on the flasher? They make lighted flashers as well but I think they just use small watch batteries. 

Nothing to turn on with an echip.  What presentation are you trying behind the chip?  Meat? Flies?  A little more detail and we can probably get you started in the right direction.  The Pro Trolls are a great attractor.

Edited by Tall Tails
  • Like 1