Cannon and fish hawk transducer location?

Reelcrazy

I will be mounting Them to the boat at some point soon. My intention is to mount them high enough they are out of the water while on plane. My boat does around 50mph. I don’t need them unless I am at trolling speed. I can’t imagine it’s great for the paddle wheel to be in the water at those speeds. My transducer for my graph gives me all the information I need while on plane or searching. So am I ok to only have them in the water when off plane? 

I know most ducers need water to keep help keep them.cool.  So my uneducated guess would be , yes as long as you keep anything hooked up to said ducers turned off while on plane. Hopefully your not forgetful.  If all your worried about is the paddle wheel I would run it until it fell off , or just remove the wheel and be done with it. Then put it where the manual tells you to place it.It's pretty useless to begin with as you have GPS giving you more accurate info .

1 hour ago, Bozeman Bob said:

I know most ducers need water to keep help keep them.cool.  So my uneducated guess would be , yes as long as you keep anything hooked up to said ducers turned off while on plane. Hopefully your not forgetful.  If all your worried about is the paddle wheel I would run it until it fell off , or just remove the wheel and be done with it. Then put it where the manual tells you to place it.It's pretty useless to begin with as you have GPS giving you more accurate info .

Very true thank you.