Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chugbug

Helix 7 with navioncs and or lakevue

Its time for new electronics trying to find a easy use unit thats capable of navionics or lakevue something that would shoals with decent detail dont do to much trolling but alot of jigging and dropshotting for bass , would the helix 7 be a good unit 

Should be good with Navionics. And you can autochart any areas you fish a lot to get the real detail, including hardness and vegetation.

I autochart all the areas I fish a lot and it's great to see the little details that don't show up on any map cards.You will need to buy a ZeroLines card if you want to Autochart a lot though. The unit itself doesn't store a ton of data.

Its time for new electronics trying to find a easy use unit thats capable of navionics or lakevue something that would shoals with decent detail dont do to much trolling but alot of jigging and dropshotting for bass , would the helix 7 be a good unit 
Where do you fish?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Posted (edited)

I fish the finger lakes alot mostly jigging lakers and my old X135 does a good job I can see my jig in 80 ft of water no problem and i can see the fish moving in and chasing , What im looking for is better detail when smallmouth fishing the finger lakes or lake ontario or the St Lawrence river finding shoals and drop offs , using my old lowrance doesnt give me the real picture you have to read alot into what its showing you.Mapping of some kind when you go to a new lake to help find the shoals and cover in the first place .I do have downriggers and a wire dipsey rig and leadcore onboard so salmon are in the picture too but probably not as much .

Edited by chugbug

HELIX with a Lakemaster North East v2 is a great combo. Huge upgrade from what you have.

Thanks for the help yankee troller , the list of lakes is impressive with lakemaster , now how do decide where to mount it , it would be nice to have it on the dash for finding spots that I want to fish and mapping a shoal first and then to have it on the trolling motor  while im up in the bow targeting bass .

Yankee , I see there are at least 6 models of the helix 7 , with my description of my fishing which model would you suggest I go with .

SI model. If you plan on networking it with a Minn Kota get the G3N. If not, get the G3.