seneca trolling?

I am an avid Oneida Lake walleye troller but last year thanks to some great info on this site i fished Lake O with good success. Now that the shoreline is getting skinny on Oneida I would like to try trolling for lakers or browns down on Seneca. Can anyone give me a genaral starting point for this time of year ( area, depths etc.). Any help would be appreciated.

Well the temp is pretty uniform so I would run a board, a rigger down 20 a rigger down 45 to 50 and wires out for lakers. Find the bait and the fish won't be far off. Prolly over deep water. Once you start hitting fish adjust the program to the depth.

There I just gave you my program for sat! :yes:

RR

How big do the Browns get in Cayuga?I am only a half hour away but I fish the Susquehanna river mostly,due to its only minutes away.I have fished Taughannock Park before though with saw bellies,and even went smelting in the creek.

Well the temp is pretty uniform so I would run a board, a rigger down 20 a rigger down 45 to 50 and wires out for lakers. Find the bait and the fish won't be far off. Prolly over deep water. Once you start hitting fish adjust the program to the depth.

There I just gave you my program for sat! :yes:

RR

RR is giving you good info :yes: . We ran that combo last Sat. and we really didn't do much on the surface but did connect better down deeper. That can change daily so follow RR's advice and tweak it from there. Surface temps were 34-35 on our temp readings but should start to warm a bit around creek mouths with all the runoff this week.

Watch out for debris in the lake as the water level goes up. :o

A friend and I are fairly new at trolling, but we'd like to try trolling for Lakers on Seneca this Saturday. Just wondering if anybody had some general advice for us, such as what depths to fish at this time of year etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! We have two Seth Green's and 2 downriggers but not a huge variety of lures. We are going to be launching in Watkins.

Thanks.