Hummingbird Helix 9 with Navionics Chip

Wrestling Coach

I bought a new to me Lund 2100 Fisherman with a Helix 9 and Navionics. I think I already know the answer to my question. I am installing a Minn Kota Ultera with Ipilot and would like to use the follow contour feature. Am I correct that I will need a Lakemaster mapping chip for this to work?

11 hours ago, Wrestling Coach said:

I bought a new to me Lund 2100 Fisherman with a Helix 9 and Navionics. I think I already know the answer to my question. I am installing a Minn Kota Ultera with Ipilot and would like to use the follow contour feature. Am I correct that I will need a Lakemaster mapping chip for this to work?

So, if your HELIX is a 'N' unit, which means it's "Networkable" then as long as the TM has Link all you need is a Lakemaster NorthEast card for everything in NYS except Lake Erie. I see you're from Buffalo. If you want Lake Erie you will need the Great Lakes Lakemaster card. You will need an Ethernet Dongle to connect the ethernet cord that comes with the TM to the HELIX. 

The links above are all safe. This is my new Marine Electronics e-commerce site. If you haven't bought the trolling motor yet let me know if I can win your business. I work out of a full service marina in Sodus Point, NY. These products ship directly from my distributor.