Order of rods from outside/inside

Let's say I have a #1 dipsey rod, a full color lead core and a 600' copper rod to run on each side of the boat off of a planer board, what would the order be to run them to minimize tangles? Outside to inside. Thanks for the help.

Bob

I never heard running copper off the boards but I would run Lead off the Boards, set out the dipsy with steel and run the 600 straight off the back. I believe the rule is outside runs shallower than iside.

Shade

Running coppers off the boards is the way to go. I would run the same set up as you Shade. The only problem is an ariel steelie can make a mess out of your 600' copper quick. I try not to run my coppers down the chute for that reason. 2 boards (not inlines) and one copper off of each.

I am by no means an expert but when I run more than 1 line out per side on boards, I put the shallowest running line the furthest out to the side reasoning that when I have to bring it in w/ a fish on it or to reset it, I am reeling it in over the deeper set line and so far this has worked out ok, but I have not had a double doing this yet and I am not positive that this is what a "Pro" would tell you. One neat trick for the copper down the chute might be to use the set up shown in GLA with the 4" float to get that line back away from the congestion in the netting area, I just made up a couple of these and I have heard that it works well but I have not used it yet myself.