Where to buy teak

SinDale

I'm looking around [the rochester area] for a teak plank I can replace the weathered and cracked transom top board that I took off of my boat. Its 67 3/4" x 7 1/2" x 1 1/2" (basically 6' and inches 2 x 8 with a square edge).

I'm open to suggestions on other types of wood that will hold up such as cedar, etc. if anyone has had good luck in a similar situation.

• 3 weeks later...

I've read that resin is the way, but I'm yet to try it out. The boat should finally be in my driveway next week, so I'm going to make sure every piece I have fits right before I seal it.

The process I've read says mixing down resin with alcohol until its watery and applying liberally so it soaks in, then the alcohol evaberates and dries, sand, and put a 2 coats of resin, steel wool, then another coat.

I'll let you know how it goes...

• 4 weeks later...

Well when I did the floor they didnot have any Mahogany or white oak. I was putting them back in when I broke off another piece so I had to do some thing with them. I had some left over decking , ( plastic ) that I'm giving a try. This stuff does a lot of shriking over the winter when the temp get down around 20* you can hear the boards a popping outside. I hope that being smaller that they will not move as much will find out this winter I guess or when It hits 90*+ on the water..................boy they sure look nice....even made the so I can put 5 rods per side instead of 4................