Deans Doubleheader

Today presented my only fishing opportunity of the long weekend, so made the most of it.  Solo am trip started about 6.  Shout out to the LOU member who gave me a hoot in the parking lot.  Normally I would have stopped to "chew the fat" for a bit, but there was a line waiting for me to clear the dock.  For 3 plus hours the lake trout were going crazy for spoons on riggers, 5 color and 100 copper.  Several doubles and a triple that included a chain pickerel.  Gave Frankie some swim time and in by 10 with hopes that the morning success would carry over to the afternoon.

Thankfully it did as my 2 boys and a friend came along for a few hours of late afternoon fishing.  The copper setup won the big fish competition  4 times over with solid fish that gave the crew a work out.  The lead core provided some variation with a rainbow and a landlocked mixed in with Lakers.   Over the past month I noted several fish with lamprey marks but all fish were clean and healthy today.   A great day to wrap up the weekend.

7920.jpeg

7914.jpeg

7918.jpeg

• Like 6

Nice Fish! Also noticing more marks this year than all last summer from the lamprays! Have yet to have one attached still when coming over the rail. Got a late start Monday but managed to put some in the boat still, have you been focusing on the east or west side of the lake from Deans?

Bad Influence: Nothing better than being on the water both ends of the day.  A real treat to put my boys, (they are men in their own right now) on some good fighting fish.

Jk1:  Normally I would have kept the pickerel but already boxed some fish and at 21 inches he wasn't that big.   I didn't feel I would take the time and focus to work out those Y bones and have much left for the fish fry.

BStone:  Great fishing West side near the launch so I would get clear of Deans and start the kicker.   One of these days I may feel adventurous and branch out a little.

• Like 1

I hope to do the same this coming week with my son and daughter (27 and 20) Got a house on 7th lake for the week. Never fished the lake but hope to find some Landlocks or bows. Want to hike in to Bug Lake for some shore fishing, I hear its one of like two spots in NY to catch Kokanee salmon... we'll see!

18 hours ago, Bad_Influence said:

I hope to do the same this coming week with my son and daughter (27 and 20) Got a house on 7th lake for the week. Never fished the lake but hope to find some Landlocks or bows. Want to hike in to Bug Lake for some shore fishing, I hear its one of like two spots in NY to catch Kokanee salmon... we'll see!

I'm sure you will have a great time regardless of how the fishing is.  Let us know how you make out

• Like 1