Age Old Question

For the last 50 years I have used bait or scent .To what I thought would help catch more fish . But after changing my fishing over to spoons and flies off of dipsy divers, in-line planner boards and a mast and planner boards . Now I am not sure. It's seem I catch more fish now then ever before , by not using any scent or bait. Sure would love to hear what you guys back east have to say about it.

I don't use them either Stan, except when fishing familiar bite (fresh herring strips) then my hands smell fishy too :$ . Put the strips in a bait head holder..throw it on behind a flasher/ spin doctor/ whatever and haven't caught nearly as many salmon as a plain old spoon or plastic fly wid nuttin...go figure :wondering::wondering:

Mark

Unless you have some way for gradual release of the scent, I don't think that it does any good. How long does a water based scent last on a steel lure in a constant stream of 3 mph running water? In order to prove it to me you would have to show me fish hitting scented lures on the way down consistently. It has been said the if a dog can smell 200x better than a human a fish can smell 200x better than a dog, but you can't smell what is not there. Most dangerous would be oil based smell, gas, oil, wd40 oh wait some guys spray lures with wd40 and claim it works. GO figure!!???????

CC