Proline 241 WA Rod holder mounting

Does anyone out there have a proline and have experience with mounting rod holders to this top piece that i circled in red?  it seems like that trim piece is just held down with a couple small screws and may not hold up as is to 2 steel diver rods.  I could be over thinking it so I'm curious of others thoughts on the mounting.  At a minimum id put in some backer plate to distribute the "weight" but possibly upsizing the screws on the trim piece as well get a better hold on the boat. image.thumb.png.6e13f4fa80970eeaadbcbff6682c6e1f.png

I had the 231 WA just like what you have pictured.  I put a 36" track over that whole thing.  In the track, I mounted a rigger all the way aft, and four rod holders.  The rod holder furthest forward was the diver holder.  I never had any problems with that piece acting as if it was coming out of there.  If you felt it needed to stronger, you could add more mounting screws to it.  Oversizing what is already there likely won't bolster it much, but more screws would.  

Loved that ProLine.  Great hull. Would handle anything.   I just needed to go bigger and get rid of the dog house for my charter boat.  

IMG_20190809_105912227_HDR.jpg

That's perfect, and very reassuring to know.   I agreed that adding more screws would help but if you had all that on that piece then i think the screws there are more than sufficient ( that rigger is going to pull a lot more than that diver).   

Kind of a side question, I've heard the Bravo outdrives have had some issues with corrosion on the outdrive.  Have you noticed any issues with that having the boat slipped?  Ill be slipping ours next year so curious if that's a real issue or not.  

Thanks again for the help/info !!   we're getting the boat next year so super excited to get it rigged up !

The original generation of Bravo drives did have corrosion problems.  I had a Bravo 3(counter rotating stainless props).  Merc discovered all that steel right next to the aluminum drive housing was a bad thing.  The newer gen drives were built using different paints, alloy mixes, and more anodes.  I had to replace my upper drive assembly and my lower unit.  The new units seemed to weather better.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a Striper with the same issue. Three long screws holding the wood top in. We cut access ports and bolted aluminum L brackets beneath them. Thought I had better pics but…….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0561.jpg
  • Like 1