Honeoye 2/5

idn713

Hit honeoye this morning with a few buddies, 10 jawjackers and 5 tipups. Not a single fish. We had a mix of bass shiners and fatheads. Just brutal. No releases even and a couple sets that got stripped. 

Was in an area we have had great success in the past. Wondering if it was just a bad day. Talk about discouraging. 

It is all part of the game. first of all, Honeoye has always been a hit and miss situation regardless of species fished. I was there Monday and only caught one large bluegill and it was the only hit I had despite using a variety of different sized and color jigs with various baits. I had "lookers" the whole time in various holes and large marks on the flasher but they wouldn't hit and this is also a very frequent occurrence on Honeoye for whatever reason. Secondly as with reale estate it is often about location location, location:lol:. Sometimes they are active on the north end and not on the south end and vice versa. The heavy snow probably hasn't helped either with the darkness it brings and as the winter evolves the fish metabolism slows down and they often aren't all that actively feeding. First and last ice is usually the most active time. Unfottunately it is the nature of the beast and doesn't mean you did anything wrong or used the wrong bait or equipment so hang in there:smile:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, McWally said:

Friday was a good pressure day and Saturday was when the temp dropped off and skies went bluebird here at least. I’d guess weather locked them down. 

I had the same thought. The radical temp drop and weather pattern shift did not help.