Mysterious Leak

lrg355

Why are you guys making me relive this 😩😝

So here’s pictures of the issue I had. 

The rivet was actually sitting on the bunk and was the main leak. We couldn’t find it until we jacked the boat up off the bunks. The other area, were small pieces that were actually like peeling open being eaten away. Someone told me battery acid may have leaked or it could have been from a bad ground somewhere on the boat🤷🏻‍♂️

She’s gone now 😩

IMG_5202.jpeg

IMG_5203.jpeg

IMG_5199.jpeg

On 4/1/2024 at 3:12 PM, FISHINMAN said:

Why are you guys making me relive this 😩😝

So here’s pictures of the issue I had. 

The rivet was actually sitting on the bunk and was the main leak. We couldn’t find it until we jacked the boat up off the bunks. The other area, were small pieces that were actually like peeling open being eaten away. Someone told me battery acid may have leaked or it could have been from a bad ground somewhere on the boat🤷🏻‍♂️

She’s gone now 😩

IMG_5202.jpeg

IMG_5203.jpeg

IMG_5199.jpeg

If that was under a bunk that is what pressure treated lumber does to aluminum. Just a thought. 

To the op if you have a leak under a bunk you won't usually see it by putting water in the boat on the trailer Like others have said jack it up put some blocks in for safety I like the food coloring but don't get it on the carpet.

Good luck.

My brother in law had a similar model as you have. The bilge pump would always pump some water and he never bothered looking any further. 

Spring of the next year i went fishing with him after the boat had been stored in a garage.  First day of the boat in the water we had not gone more than 100 yards and the bilge kicked in. It continued the whole time we were fishing every 20 minutes. He took it to his mechanic  who found the problem-Rotted transom you could put a screwdriver through it!

The great news is I have found the leak!! After removing the fuel tank and putting in on the water I seen where it was coming from. It was the port side under the runner. Now I have to take the floor up and fix it

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crappieman1 said:

The great news is I have found the leak!! After removing the fuel tank and putting in on the water I seen where it was coming from. It was the port side under the runner. Now I have to take the floor up and fix it

Unfortunately, you will most likely have to remove the runner as well.