Fishing Canadian Water for the LOC Important info

my 2 cents.... i think before we all run out and get the i 68 forms there needs to be plenty more clarafication with this policy. having said that, it will vitually be impossible for these guys to enforce this on many bodies of water in our beloved nys. guys have been fishing the niagara river all winter crossing the imaginary line and have yet to have this problem. my guys and i are going to take a wait and see approach with this. i am sure you can call 10 different bp offices and get 10 different answers to this. i am going to follow what is on paper until another written document is disclosed to the public. but..... with all of these agencies running around lake o and the niagara river in their brand new $200,000.00 rib's they may need to start to justify their jobs and payrolls and start stopping everyone. who knows? Dave

Gentleman,

Take this for what its worth, I've got a contact at US Customs office. Spoke with him this afternoon about this in great detail, his response was this. There is NO NEED to get a I68 form if your not going to touch Canadian soil. As mentioned earlier by Gator. The Coast Guard has no juristiction in Canadian waters, it would be the OPP and as long as you have your passport or ID there will be no issues

Good luck and Tight Lines,

Steve 8)

Every place you call you get a different answer. Well lets just go fishing and see what happens!

Man I'm sorry i tried to be a good citizen and help out others on this board so no one gets pinched and ruins their vacation.

FN gov agencys, wish they could get it together.

RR

RR

Thanks for the info. I'm going to wait and see what happens this weekend, if anything, and proceed from there. Hopefully nothing comes from this.

Good luck to all who are fishing this weekend and next week.

Jeff

the fishing is always better this time of the yr. on the the western side of the border. tho the winner in the loc could be from the wilson to the oak it's only because there's 100 more times the lures in the water on the u.s. side. it's fair to everyone..just need a canadian licence....and possibly a I68. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I fished in Canadian waters the whole week. No problems at all. Yes the fishing was excellent there.

However starting June 1st, you have to have a passport to go to and from Canada.

This is not one of those heresay things either.

RR