Fished the evening of 7/16 north of Wilson in the upper 300s and 400s.  Lots of action all night with rods firing constantly, except the meat because the big kings weren't around.  We caught 15 steelhead, several over 30 inches, a couple dink kings and our first Atlantic salmon which was really cool.   We noticed 45 degree water pretty high in the water column...  40-50 ft down.  We did not mark much bait.   Later that night one of our crew suffered a major health issue and was taken to the hospital -- he is on the mend and doing okay.  

Still managed to get out late morning the following day and decided to head towards the Bar in search of Kings.  We set up near 4 mile creek in 180 FOW, marking huge bait clouds and fish all around, and trolled towards the Bar.  The fish were up high.  Picked up a beautiful big King on the high-diver, Moonshine Mag, Road Toad.  Got another mature on wire w/flasher fly.   Caught only Kings, but many, many dinks.  The wind really started to pick up and my dad got seasick so we had to head in after a few hours of fishing.   The weather report for Mon/Tues/Weds was not good so we decided to head home.  

Disappointing trip, but glad my buddy is doing okay and we still managed to catch some fish in a short period of time.  

You guys that live local are so lucky to be able to fish these waters... someday I hope to leave a boat in the marina on lake o to be able to just drive over and fish whenever.  

IMG-2305 (1).jpg

IMG-2298 (1).jpg

IMG-1285 (1).jpg

• Like 6

You said it ErieBuck! You local guys are so lucky to enjoy this tremendous fishery on LO. I'm from southern NJ and I would rather do the eight hour drive to Lake Ontario for this fishing than the one hour drive to the ocean for those opportunities. While I have put dozens of 30-40 lb., and one 50 lb., stripers in the boat I still prefer the mighty king as my number one fish species and I totally appreciate all that upstate NY has to offer the sportsman. Made the long trip yesterday, splashed the boat today, can't wait for the fishing to start tomorrow morning.

• Like 1