Wire diver rod Set up

I am in the process of setting up a wire diver rod and need some help. I have a Shimano Talora rod with a Okuma Convector reel. I spooled the wire onto the reel o.k. tied with a homer rhodes knot. At the end of the line how do you attach the snap swivel? I did a search and all I came up with was add a plastic bead, 1" of surgical tubing, a plastic bead 2 crimp sleeves, loop twice thru ring on swivel and crimp using 2 crimp sleeves. Is this the way most attach swivels to wire??? Thank You for any advice you can give. Joe

Rell turner,

That's a fantastic video link- thanks to Sponge. We tie exactly the same way, but the only thing I do differently is I add a small wire crimp for the tiny tag end "nub" after I tie the overhand knot and cut the wire to about 1/4" from the knot. I do this b/c inevitably that small tag end is extremlely sharp and the crimp prevents it from poking my finger.

Otherwise - that's a great video link

- Chris

• 2 months later...

i havent been on this site for awhile,but thought i would chime in...late,sorry! you may wanna put wrap or two of duct tape on the arbor of the spool before spooling on wire ,so that the wire has something to bite in to.wire will have a tendancy to slip.

mike m