Autopilot for I/O with hydrolic assist steering

you really should just add hydraulic steering for about 700.00 then you can use a lot of different autopilot units. and then you can connect the outdrive to your kicker and use the autopilot on your big motor for steering your kicker without running the big motor. another option depending on your boat is to add a 36v trolling motor with tracking for steering and use your kicker to push your boat. but the autopilot to me makes more sense as you can use it for running out and back in.

We install AP's on power assist I/O's all the time. Si-Tex is probably the cheapest option, but Garmin does well with it as well. If you do switch over to hydraulic steering then Raymarine EV150 would be my recommendation. Either way, I can sell it to you. If you need it installed we can do that too. 

If you stay with the power assist cable steer there are two options for drives. The easiest one goes behind the helm and requires about 10" of depth behind the spot where the steering wheel sits.

• Like 1

I just purchased a hydraulic steering kit for my 245 Contender.  I also purchased the EVO 150 through Rick at Krenzers.   Give Rick a call and he will hook you up with what you need!  

• Like 1