Reel Stories shakedown

Last Friday, I know I know, I'm late. I finally had the shakedown run of the new engine. Mike (duke) met mW at the house and followed the trailer up. The tundra pulls my boat nicely. We launched at clute and backed the boat in. Waters high of course. She fired right up. Ran smoothly. We let her run there for about fifteen minutes then head out on the lake for a factory recommended break in period. So for about a half hour we pushed some water avoiding all the debris. Found a nice hole and checked out what she had to offer. The feeling of a fresh motor was great, how effortlessly if pushed the boat to plane. We came back to the dock and hung out for a while. Stayed the night on the lake with the fiancée.

Saturday: Joe, brad and Jason met us at the dock bright and early for the shakedown. We started off tight with the flat line spread early, picked a few up the west side. No big ones but fish is all that matters to us. We changed it up and fished deeper and hit nothing for two hours, switched back to flat lines around 11 and instantly got into fish again for a couple hours consistently. Finished the beautiful day in the double digit range with one good eater Atlantic. Ended up relaxing at the dock for a few hours in the sun tinkering with gear and the boat.

Sunday: the guys had their Flx Derby so I was solo. Left dock at 520 and set up a three line flat line program. Didn't take long. Today, I stuck it out solo flat lines all day with my biggest silver being four lbs and a northern just under ten lbs. The dirty water fished best. From Watkins to glen Eldridge. I dropped a few that I would of loved to see. It was tough with some of the wind gusts out there fighting fish solo even with the electric wireless steering. I came off the water about noon with a bang. One nice Atlantic on my last pass. Ended the day double digits landed again for I'd say a good 15 bites or so. All in all a great and beautiful weekend. Spent the majority of the day sunday relaxing at the dock again. The weather was perfect.

Heres a few photos of the weekend..

Thanks for reading

Nick

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice report Nick and I'm really glad the motor renovation thing turned out so well. It has to be great getting out there after that long winter and being out of action. Best of luck this season but I'll leave it short of saying it at derby time after last year's result :lol:  Hopefully this year I'll be luckier with my motor (after both tuned up ) :)  Les

Glad to read the hammer worked flawlessly, and the added bonus, good fishing!! haven't got in the water yet, been busy rigging the boat, I think the middle of this week should be our fist trip on the water with our new gear if everything works as planned should be headed north towards the end of the month. :yes:  :yes:  PAP. ps. now that the price of fuel jumped .10cents overnight it would be a good time to fuel up the tanks and head north, might be over a $150.00 just to get the old girl up there and then another 60 gallons to fill the boat, so about $400.00 just to get on LakeO. :envy:  :mooning:

Edited by pap