-
Posts
9,908 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GAMBLER
-
I think we need to make some noise to get the launch updated to accommodate the new norm! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
Last summer, the thermal line was stable for most of the summer. This summer, it has been late to set up and temps are all over the place. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
Apparently the US Coast Guard is not enforcing the no wake restriction..... I just watched multiple boats and jet skis leave and return to Irondequoit Bay. They came in all the way to the channel on plane and left and immediately throttled up with the coast guard right around.... Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
Line twisting around downrigger cable.
GAMBLER replied to fishinfreak's topic in Open Lake Discussion
They are going down too quick. I added another swivel below the blacks and it stopped this issue. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app -
No report just an apology
GAMBLER replied to baitballin86's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
The scotty pinch pad releases should work.
-
Perch Advice Needed!
GAMBLER replied to RJ C's topic in St. Lawrence River Fishing Reports - 1000 Islands Fishing
-
Perch Advice Needed!
GAMBLER replied to RJ C's topic in St. Lawrence River Fishing Reports - 1000 Islands Fishing
The bigger perch will be deeper. I fish the Carlton Island area when I go up and do well on big perch. The past couple of years, I have found the big perch in 17-25' adjacent to deep water. If you make it to the Carlton Island area, on the South side of the island, there is a deep cut that runs towards the west end on the island from the east end of it. There is a silo on the South side of the island that I use as a land mark. Fish from there back to the East end of the island along the drop. Be careful there is an electric line laying on the bottom at the East end of the island. It was not marked on the maps I used but we found it with our anchor. -
No report just an apology
GAMBLER replied to baitballin86's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
I would just stick to the copper. The more connections you have, the more chances of failure can occur. I have ben running 45lb Atommik copper for 13 years and have never had issues with it. Long coppers can be a PITA, but they flat out produce fish. If you are worried about them being too much effort, simply don't run them. I know a lot of guys that will not run long coppers.
-
We rarely have break offs on 20lb floro. I check the leaders after every fish for frays. I only use Seaguar Blue Label 20lb. For 30lb and 50lb, I use the Seaguar Trout and Salmon leader material. I can't stress enough how important it is to check the leaders after every fish. When fish are netted, the line rubs on the net loop. I find a lot of frays 2' up when I do find them.
-
Find a good block and have it rebuilt. Mine cost me $3,700.00.
-
catch and release nets
GAMBLER replied to maisie's topic in Questions About Trout & Salmon Trolling?
The ones I have are not bad. I have a smaller one that is heavier than my two big ones. -
I use the same all season. I have dedicated plainer rods with 15lb leaders, rigger rods with spoons with 30lb main line to 20 lb floro leaders, rigger rods with flashers with straight 30lb mono to the swivel, divers for spoons with no snubbers and 30lb floro, flasher / fly or meat divers get 50lb floro no snubbers.
-
catch and release nets
GAMBLER replied to maisie's topic in Questions About Trout & Salmon Trolling?
Ranger makes a big rubber net. I don't remember the model but I own two of them and they are great nets. -
I have a 200, 250, 300, 350, 400, 450, 500 and a 550. I had duplicates of 200,300,400 and 500’s but found 50’ increments were better most days. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
Oswego Got 3+ Inches of Rain Yesterday
GAMBLER replied to Todd in NY's topic in Open Lake Discussion
We didn't get nearly as much in NW Monroe County. My pool only went up approx. 1/2". -
I just add a heavy duty snap to the swivel on the back of the paddle. As for more action, not sure if it would give it enough to make it worth the hassle.
-
-
I don’t get why you didn’t read the reports from Braddocks area in here. Everyone has been doing more consistent inside of 120 from the River west of sandy...…. The other thing is, there are tons of smaller kings around and it has been more of a spoon bite so far. Like last year, I have found flashers are slowing the spread down on most days. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

